Phi:male is the commission for equal opportunities at VMP, the association of students studying Mathematics, Computational Sciences (D-MATH) and Physics (D-PHYS). Our main goal is to create an inclusive community in which everyone feels welcome, including those who do not fit into the profile of a stereotypical science student.
What we do
We organise several events during the semester on topics such as gender equality and discrimination. These are some of their aims.
- Enable students to identify with people who faced difficulties throughout their career.
- Provide a platform for inspiring scientists to share their individual experiences and opinions on equal opportunities.
- Encourage students to connect with likeminded people and get to know the speakers from a personal side.
- Encourage socializing in a relaxed and respectful setting.
- Help female or minority students to connect and exchange ideas.